Thursday 12 August 2010

Announcing an event ~ Flavours of Gujarat

This is simply. food’s first blog event.
Flavours of Gujarat.
From August 5th - September 30th
Gujarati cuisine is very vibrant, tasty and is a very flavoursome. The vast array of dishes are all very distinct and unique and will tickle and tantalise your taste buds taking you on a culinary journey that you will not regret. I am inviting all  blogger friends to participate and support this event and help to make it successful.

Gujarati cuisine refers to the cuisine of the Gujarat; this being predominant in western-India. It is mainly vegetarian. Cuisine can vary widely in flavour and heat, depending on the region of Gujarat they are from. North Gujarat, Kathiawad, Kachchh, and South Gujarat are the four major regions of Gujarat that all bring their own style to Gujarati food. Many Gujarati dishes are distinctively sweet, salty, and spicy at the same time. Some regions in gujarat omit garlic and onions from their cooking too. 

Criteria for entry:

1. Any dish from Gujarat. Vegetarian only- eggs allowed.
2. Multiple entries welcome.
3. I would encourage you to try new recipes although archived recipes are welcome but please repost it again with the logo and linking back to this announcement page.
4. Non- bloggers are also welcome for this event. Just mail me your recipe and picture of your dish with your name and email ID

This is mandatory:
  • Please link back to this announcement page.
  • I would appreciate it if you could promote this event by placing the event logo in your post.
  
Alternatively you may email the following details to simplysensationalfood@gmail.com.

Your Name:
Blog Name:
Blog Url:
Recipe Name:
Recipe Url:

Image 300 px width – no larger

In subject please write Flavours of Gujarat event.
Looking forward to your entries.

37 comments:

  1. Nice event..will try to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nayna, lovely event..I'm in:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the concept is very beautiful dear ...i love Gujarati food ...but very less idea of making it so in this way i will learn to make ...thank you for hosting such an wonderful event ...count me

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nayna

    Congratulations on hosting your first event!!

    What a brilliant choice for the event!! Count me in!!

    Mina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely event !! I m in and looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I would love to cook Gujrathi food. I have few dishes in my my mind. Happy hosting sweets..
    Cheers,
    RV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice event Nayna, Happy hosting. I will try to send my entries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear

    I have noted down the details of Gujarati Flavor Festival and would submit my entry within stipulated period. Thanks for hosting such events.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  9. very intresting event.. so dat we can learn more new dishes .. count me in... til now i never cooked diff dishes... dis event makes me to do.. very nice event...

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely event will try to participate
    check the event in my site
    cold desserts
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely event...count me in dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Gujarati food, will try my best to send something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. remember eating guju food since childhood though i m n a gujju..my mom makes many varieties..wil cal her asap.ru looking for tradional guj food or variations r allowed...count me in...also looking for ward for ur entries for my ongoing event A visual treat...

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Nayna
    I think I would have wished for something else. I was wondering where to get Gujarati dishes as I wanted to try the maximum Gujarati dishes. But I can wait till September to try more things.
    I am in for this event!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely event..will try 2 send something

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great event(s)!!! Are you from Gujarat as well??

    So excited... I have so many recipes from Gujarat already on my blog.. looking forward to this...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow beautiful concept..very nice event.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ sanyukta .Theme is gujarati so if dish has some element of gujarat in it its fine.You can add your personal touch as long as it doesnt change the dish totally.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very wonderful event.
    Will definitely send in my entries.
    I have an event going on with Barley in my blog,its ending on Aug10th.Love to see your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  20. will send the entry,really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. do count me in nayna...awesomely lovely event..luv gujrati cuisine...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful event to bring out traditional Indian recipes ..Count me in Nayna

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey! Nice blog and nice event! Count me in :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Naina
    great event..count me in...send something after come back from my hols...all the best !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow i m excited and i would like to host flavours of south India event.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i loved the thali that you have posted. Its so nice that you were able to make some Guju food.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thankyou guys for a wonderful response to the launch of this event.I now have guest hosts for all the forthcoming events except for Flavours of Goa which is still available for hosting.Looking forward to your wonderful entries.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow interesting set of events..look fwd to participatin

    ReplyDelete
  29. that was lovely event... i love to participate in your event, but dont have much idea regarding the gujarathi food's. Anyhow will try in net and soon send in my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I'd love to participate!!! What fun ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi,

    lovely event. would love to participate...I am also interested in hosting..let me know if any slot is available.

    -Denny.(http://ohtastensee.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the nice event. I just now sent in 2 recipes for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  33. hi nayna..just sent u one more entry for this event hope im bang on the deadline given :)

    ReplyDelete

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to motivate.”
Thank you for taking the time to post "that kind word" its very inspiring.

Please DO NOT leave your site URL in comment section. Any spam comment using this space as free advertising will be PROMPTLY deleted as will all anonymous comments.

If you enjoyed your visit and would like regular updates please take a moment to join my email list.
If you leave a question that needs answering please make sure your profile has an email ID enabled so I can reply to it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails